Sunday 15 July 2012

Daft Punk Thomas Helmet Final

EDIT - These helmets are now for sale, please email me at judd93@hotmail.co.uk for info


Finished with 6 days to go !


I decided to go for the leather jumpsuit version rather than a suit, so for Comicon I'll be using a leather jacket I already had, maybe upgrade to a good quality replica in the future.

The visor was made from a sheet on 1mm thick PETG plastic, tinted with car tail light tinting spray and attached with two part epoxy. The earpods were just attached with hot glue.


I ditched the airbrush paint I was originally using for the project, it was too finicky, and the finish wasn't consistent, the new spraypaint I used came out extremely well, the paint has a nice shine and reflects a lot. Spraypaint will never be as good as professional chrome but I think this is a nice compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment